Thursday 31 December 2015

Far Lands or Bust! #449

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AjIxH2Cda0

Current distance from Kurt: 95 episodes. Gaining!

We join Kurt as he takes care of a morning creeper safely. He grabs Wolfie and off we head East!

Kurt jumps into donor questions. While Kurt goes East, I'm making the donor names as big as possible!

Donor Thomas in Austria asks "This is my first donation to Child's Play charity via Far Lands or Bust! I really like the idea of deliberately walking in the wrong direction and this encourages me to donate because I want to see the Far Lands! P.S. I wondered if you know anything about Austria?"

Kurt truthfully answers he doesn't know all that much. He says it sounds Austreome :) (Austria + Awesome)

Donor Sticky asks "If you were to choose one person from history to spend a day with, who would it be and why?"

Kurt chooses a living person and decides on Buzz Aldrin for coffee or something. He also mentions Notch! I would like to see him and Notch hang out!

Donor Suxie from Sweden asks "I decided to make my first donation to Child's Play charity! How many different animal species do you think you've ever seen in the wild? How do you feel about that number?"

Kurt weighs things up. He talks about many cool animals he's seen. He also observes many animals in-game while thinking about this!

Donor Anonymous asks "In a previous episode you said you were not interested in space combat games like Elite. Any interest in something that might be more exploration focused like possibly No Man's Sky? Any interest in story driven exploration like Sunless Sea?"

Kurt hasn't heard of Sunless Sea but has heard a bit about No Man's Sky. It's true that he generally does prefer exploration to combat in space games.

Donor Paul R asks "Now that you have a place with a yard and stuff, have you ever thought about trying some gardening? Flowers or vegetables or whatever? Just anything "legal"?"

While answering this question, Kurt comes across a previous elevated hidey hole! Woo!

He answers he hasn't yet. Just planted things in pots. He was thinking of simple things like herbs. He's not huge into gardening and yard work though. He's grown spider plants since he was in first grade. As for me, I grew sunflowers a couple of times but I'm not that big into gardening either.

Donor Bubbers asks "Can you name all of the states of America from memory? I can only remember 49. Dang Nebraska! Cheers!"

Yes and no he says. He recalls a song he learned in elementary school and tries to sing it for us! Well worth listening in! :) Not being from the U.S. myself, it's not a song I recognise, but it's still lots of fun here :) nice going Kurt!

Donor Razmoose(sp?) asks "FLoB has alerted me to the NASA ESA livestreams and rekindled my interest in space! Do you have any video game or T.V. shows or movies that you consider a guilty pleasure?"

He says he doesn't.

Donor Seer Richter(sp?) asks "I'm an aspiring aeronautical aerospace engineer and was curious if you would consider taking lessons to get a private pilot's licence?"

Kurt says yes and it's something he always thought about in middle school. He also thought about becoming an aircraft mechanic.

After this, Kurt builds the last hidey hole of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment