Sunday 13 December 2015

Far Lands or Bust! #438

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-YzjxOKQ6A

Current distance from Kurt: 101 episodes. Gaining!

We join Kurt as he spots creepers to the East. Are they tailing him?

While boating, Kurt spots some cool terrain and investigates. He comes across a deep dark patch with lots of mobs inside! He doesn't explore further though!

Kurt wishes his nephew Goober a Happy Birthday! Happy Belated Birthday Goober! 11 months late for me to say I know, haha... sure you'll have another one soon! Anyway, Kurt bought Goober a copy of Super Mario Galaxy and asked us if that was a good gift. Heck yes Kurt!! That's one of the best Wii games and you're the coolest uncle ever!

Kurt also tells us about a project undertaken by a fellow Far Lander where they're recording all kinds of statistics. Their online handle is Cold_Within and their website is here:

http://www.flobstats.com/

I had a look at the kind of thing they're doing and I just gotta say wow! I guess we have something in common where we're both doing fan projects but I'm only doing a viewer's diary! They're recording all kinds of things! I wish luck for both of us as fans of the intrepid adventurer!

At the end of the first day, Kurt thanks Sevadus for donating to Child's Play charity. He did a livestream where he got hit in the head with a meteor. I've never seen the likes of that in Minecraft before... then again, my main Minecraft experience is Far Lands or Bust!

On the second day, Kurt talks about adjusting to an electric stove when he's used to a gas stove.

Then he goes into donator questions!

Not Sevadus' one though, because he asked the "duck-sized horse/horse-sized duck" question. Kurt appreciates it anyway. I had to look it up! I was rewarded with an amazing Bill Murray video on YouTube, where he answers the question and you know what? I don't have to think. I'm 100% on board with Bill's answer!

Donator Anonymous asks "Other than Minecraft, what is your favourite video game?"

Kurt talks about what Minecraft means to him and discusses a couple of other options. As for me, Super Mario Galaxy is up there, which is why I think Kurt's such a cool uncle!

Donator Noah asks "Will you ever resume playing Kerbal Space Program?"

He sounds open about it.

Second question: "What is your favourite episode of Far Lands or Bust! to date?"

He mentions the video where he goes back to the Dark and Magical Pit of Bottomless Destiny and the Hidey Hole Paradox opening with the dramatic music. Loved that one too myself! He says this series gets samey but it has a lot of amazing moments!

Donator Pedankadank(sp?) asks "I frequently catch your Simpsons references. Do you still watch the newer episodes and what do you think?"

Kurt has been falling behind. I have too...

Second question, which is about Kerbal Space Program and the new intro Kurt made for it. Some KSP fans here!

At one stage the Wolfie seal of approval appears on screen. Haven't seen that in a long time!

@b_buddy_s (correct handle?) from Twitter asks "There are many manual skills, such as welding, woodworking and so on. What manual skill would you like to do?"

Kurt talks a long while about this and the stuff he likes about manual labour like the sense of satisfaction. It sounds like being an automotive mechanic would really suit him. He gives some other cool examples too like sculpting and the snake show mention made me laugh quite a bit! As for me, I'm not great at manual skills...

While answering that question, Wolfie takes a double hit coming down from a cliff so Kurt feeds him.

Kurt's first attempt at making a hidey hole at the end of the episode turns out pretty badly. Luckily he only takes a heart of damage but he's pretty jittery on his second attempt! Thankfully, this turns out much better so he can take time to calm down after that ordeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment